Below are writing and spelling packs inspired by several popular themes to make it more fun for the little ones! You can click the pack images to preview the contents before downloading. If you’re looking for some writing assignment ideas scroll down for a list of some of our favorite ones used weekly! If anyone has anything you could contribute to the site PLEASE email it to me, every little bit helps! You can find my email on the Contact page. You can also email or message me via the site to request anything you’d like that you aren’t finding here.
You can also find individual pages for writing HERE!
We use a notebook for our writing lessons rather than only relying on worksheets. I want the kids to learn by doing and it’s been going very well! Our most used weekly writing assessments are below in case you’d like to try them out as well or could use a little inspiration. Most of the assessments can be done with or without using any number of the story dice, cards, roll and write worksheets and other racecourses I create. I frequently let the kiddo choose which to do that day. On occasion we have rolled dice to decide what lesson we’ll be doing that day or drawing a card from a basic deck of playing cards using only the number cards from one or more of the suits.
Writing assignment Ideas:
- Write a short story with or without using story dice/cards. Use at least 5 spelling words.
- Write 5 complete sentences using as many spelling words as possible.
- Write 6 complete sentences. Show someone talking in at least 2 sentences.
- Roll a die to see how many complete sentences you’ll be writing then use the story dice/cards to choose the subject matter of each sentence. Use at least 1 fact you know about each character/item you roll/draw per sentence.
- Write a short story about the character on your description worksheet. Using complete sentences with words you circled on your completed description worksheet.
- Team building stories. Grab a partner (friend, parent, sibling etc.) and your favorite story dice/cards, you’ll be writing a short story together! Take turns drawing/rolling and then adding a sentence to the story using what you have drawn/rolled. Make sure whatever you add flows with the previous sentences to ensure a well written, fun story! *For extra credit use as many spelling words as possible. Occasionally we let the kids do this one via video chat or even by messenger with family we don’t get to see face to face often. They roll/draw for the person of course and show them the choice then they give the sentence and the kids write in down for them. When the story is complete the kids read it to the person on video. Everyone involved loves it!
- Draw or roll to choose your character then use the Star Wars encyclopedia to look them up. Read about them and then write a short story or report using what you read.
All Available Themes
Click any of the themes below to be quickly redirected to the page/post containing all of the FREE downloads currently available in your desired theme, as well as any crafts or other shared materials, info, videos etc that may also be useful in that theme! Remember, you can click the pack images to preview the contents of each pack before downloading.
Big Kids Club summery; click the link to find out more and sign up: In this club we read the books BEFORE the weekly meetings, then discuss them and play book trivia. Most books will be sent to you for FREE, either in text form, or audio! We also spend time working on social skills by playing games, doing crafts together (for those that want to participate in that), and free discussion time. The age range is just a suggestion. Older and/or younger children are welcome if you think they would enjoy it and be able to participate properly.
Little Readers Club summery; click the link to find out more and sign up: In this club we read the books together during the weekly meetings, taking turns reading for those that choose to. Most books will be displayed on the shared screen for all to see! After, we discuss the book a little. We spend the rest of the time working on social skills by playing games, doing crafts, and free discussion time. The age range is just a suggestion. Older and/or younger children are welcome if you think they would enjoy it and be able to participate properly.
Check out this HHD original creation; a educational reward/behavior system that really works! CLICK HERE!!
adventure anna art barbie cheap cinco coloring crafts downloads elsa family free free downloads free homeschool downloads free homeschooling frozen fun games halloween homeschool homeschool blog homeschooler homeschool free homeschool help homeschooling homeschooling free homeschool kids homeschool life learn learning is fun Little Scientists money olaf pack painting science Sharks simple Star star wars STEM summer Tim Burton wars welcome
Sign up for the mailing list to get packs sent directly to you via email the moment they are posted! You can also follow on one of the other social media platforms below!
Thank You Everyone!
I greatly appreciate everyone’s support! I honestly do work hard on all of this, so I am so happy it’s helped so many people! If you like what I’m doing here please continue the support and spread the word, pay it forward, help me reach as many people as possible so they to can enjoy and benefit from the FREE downloads and other things I offer every week! Thank you for following me on this crazy, but still incredibly wonderful journey! I hope you get something out of this, big or small.
Keep learning! Keep teaching! Be happy! Enjoy!